Have you been thinking about moving your blog to WordPress, but feel intimidated or overwhelmed by the technical side of the process?
Would you like some help?
When I moved this blog to WordPress I decided to do it myself without any assistance. I’m pretty technical and a good problem solver. ” How hard could it be?!” I thought. After all I’m Googling my way through Motherhood, so why shouldn’t I Google my way through a blog transfer.
Unfortunately, there was one big problem with my strategy: I didn’t know what questions to ask, and I didn’t really understand the answers when I read them.
Needless to say, I made major of MISTAKES that meant lost followers and page rank, spent HOURS searching the internet to understand where I went wrong, and gave myself several heart- dropping moments of pure PANIC that I had messed it all up.
I learned the hard way, but you don’t have to.
I’ve now worked with over 100 bloggers helping them move from Blogger to WordPress. I know the entire process back and forth, inside and out. In fact, I know it so well, I’ve written a book about it!
Need more information? Take a look at these links to see if they answer your questions:
- some questions that will help you decide “Should I move my blog to WordPress?”
- Why I recommend Thesis
- Advantages of blogging on WP
- Disadvantages of moving to WP
- References from people whose Blogs I’ve moved
- Technical Support beyond the transfer (or, help for hire if you already have hosting)
- Blog Design and Customization – examples of my design work